Welcome to your new Coral service, LilyViewService!
Try out the example service we have provided:
What is included in this service setup?
- Connect to your desktop's service explorer
- Try out some commands, for example getAllBeers() or createBeer()
- NOTE: This service is connected to a centralized database for all example Coral services, so the data is shared across the company
- A model package, which defines the datatypes, exceptions, operations and service definition. It is pre-configured with a working example.
- A working example service implementation, which is setup out of the box with:
- Hibernate support and example mappings to database objects
- C3P0 connection pooling configured and setup to work with Hibernate
- Oracle and SecureDriver support configured
- A full unit testing framework with example Hypersonic in-memory testing database and example unit tests
- Example Activity class which connects to our live Oracle instance with SecureDriver and gives you working examples of service code
- HappierTrails and Coral generation all configured with dependencies and targets
- Monitoring, log scanning/pulling and the service explorer all setup and ready to go
- Everything configured with best practices in mind, for example GMT time and UTF-8 encodings
- Clients for all supported languages created and ready to go: Java, Perl and Ruby
Your Service's Packages
This package contains all of the Coral model files for your service
This package contains all of your Service implementation and configuration code, including Activity classes, Guice configuration, etc.
model/main.xml - Service definition
/src/ - Service Implementation
com.amazon.basalt.examples.octane.coralservice.activity - Example service Activity class, where the meat of the service is contained
/monitoring/ - Monitoring configuration
/src/%service_assembly_directory - Guice configuration for application startup
%service_name%.java - Main application entry point
%service_name%Module.java - Main application Guice configuration
CoralModule.java - Coral service chain and HTTP server configuration
/ - Ant build scripts
build.xml - The main HappierTrails build script, defining your releases and the overrides for launching the rapid development Brazil server